Home is sacred

One day, when I was getting especially frustrated with people coming to our door to sell firewood or ask for a signature on a petition, the following phrase came to me: Home is sacred. Home should not be a place where I have to make transactions, respond to demands (unless they are for a hug) or get confrontational in order to get someone to leave.

That day, I designed the following 4 signs for our door. Our door is magnetic, so it secures well with a plastic sleeve and magnet backing you can buy at Michaels. If you want one of the signs for your own door, just leave a comment along with your preferred design. I’ll email you a high resolution pdf that you can print on your home printer.

Voila! Your home will be marked as the sacred space it is. And if anyone undesirable comes to your threshold, you can just apologetically point to the sign and firmly close the door. ( ;

Home is sacred clover

Home is sacred: clover

Home is sacred: red

Home is sacred: stones

Home is sacred: tree

6 Responses to Home is sacred

1. Jen January 21, 2010 at 5:38 pm #

How creative you are Rachel, no one likes to be rude but sometimes thats the only way to get them to leave. What a great solution, simple and to the point yet peaceful.

2. Bri January 21, 2010 at 5:56 pm #

Love love love that your blog name is in Italian. Sigh.

And These are beautiful. I need one. Can I get the tree?

P.S. Thanks for adding me to your blogroll. 🙂

3. Doris January 21, 2010 at 6:07 pm #

hey do you want to send me the tree one? they are all lovely and such a great idea!

4. rachel awes January 22, 2010 at 7:04 am #

oh how stones & flowers & trees save us daily!
    love this & your whole blog! peace to you at your door & all your places..

5. Melissa April 23, 2010 at 11:04 am #

I ran across your blog today via Gina’s (from richinnerlife). I would love the tree sign to use at our home. I have wanted to do something at our house to prevent the solicitors and these are perfect. I love them.

6. lea johnson March 3, 2012 at 10:02 pm #

I would very much like the tree one with the flowers…my door isn’t magnetic, but I will figure that out! Love that the message is sweet…and firm. Very nice!