Bliss list

Bliss List

I’m linking up with Liv Lane at Choosing Beauty to celebrate the bliss I’ve experienced this week…

1. I traveled to Portland Oregon to launch the second chapter of The Magic Wand Collective–not only was it a bliss-full experience to speak to 75 women small business owners eager to welcome the magic wand to their community–I was also blessed by two rain-free days, warm temps, a fetching new hat and time with friends celebrating the power of women!

Friends with hats

An afternoon at Welcome Home Girlfriend in Oregon City, with Jamie Teasdale, Mel McCarthy and Jennifer Vickerman

2. We’re getting close to finishing up the redesign of our master bedroom, and this beautiful pendant light is the bliss-full piece de resistance of the room…isn’t it exquisite?

Capiz Pendant Light

Capiz Pendant Light, Pottery Barn

3. One of my sons (the 7 year old Dylan) wants to avoid danger and find a lost city in 2012. I’m down with that.

Dylan's 2012

4. My older son (the 14 year old Jesse) loves the younger one and did this drawing as evidence: “I love this kid to death.” Makes a mom happy!

Dylan drawing

5. Thanks to a goal-setting exercise led by Magic Wand Collective member Amy Egenberger (Spirit Out!) at our January large group gathering, my buddy Heide Lidstrom-Olson and I committed to finding ways to be more focused and efficient with our work hours. One of my big realizations? I’ve been experiencing “schedule creep” and I need more alone time for the aspects of my work that require more concentration. The bliss-full outcome? I’m ensuring that I have one office day a week moving forward–a day with no phone or in-person meetings–to create, write and replenish.

Sounds like bliss to me!

6. I reached my two-year Blogiversary! Don’t forget to weigh in on my Blogiversary Giveaway! I’m giving away $50!

What’s your little bliss list from this week?

Rachel

xo

, , , ,

12 Responses to Bliss list

1. Liv Lane January 27, 2012 at 10:44 am #

Oh, how I adore this list! So much goodness! And I even pinned that light on Pinterest – LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. Thanks for linking up, Rachel!

2. Leslie January 27, 2012 at 12:19 pm #

Lots of great things in your life!!

3. Jen January 27, 2012 at 1:46 pm #

Yup, I think the pendant light is to die for.
    And my bliss was telling my mom today about what my 4-year-old Molly said out of the blue, on the way to preschool: “I really wish Grandma could come and get me today.” A sweet little comment to show my Mom how much she is loved. That, and right now the falling snowflakes are wonderfully large. Love it!

4. Christie January 27, 2012 at 5:58 pm #

Must. Have. That. Light. Gorgeous!! Your list is so fun and it makes me want to visit Oregon. Your son can visit me in Canada and I’ll come to your marvellous land of Targets and cheaper Pottery Barns. I’m sure we have a lost city or two for him to discover – awesome!

• Rachel Greenhouse January 27, 2012 at 8:18 pm #

Christie: My husband and I both grew up in Canada…where are you located?

5. Karla Mae January 27, 2012 at 6:06 pm #

I love your Bliss List!

My Bliss for this week:

I got my first issue of AFAR magazine, so I’m looking forward to hanging out this weekend and do a little armchair traveling!

6. Kindred Spirits January 27, 2012 at 6:15 pm #

Hi Rachel, the Magic Wand Colective has intrigued me, I must go and have a look. Light is devine, and I love the verandah you are standing on. Thanks for sharing, Belinda

7. Kristin Dudish January 27, 2012 at 8:22 pm #

What a gorgeous light and a fantastic list – The relationship between your sons sounds magical!

xo
    Kristin

8. Phoenix Peacock January 27, 2012 at 11:27 pm #

oooo that lamp! Divine!!

9. 42kim January 27, 2012 at 11:39 pm #

I need to hear more. I just wrote a blog post on trying to find things to take out of my life to make it more manageable and just after I posted it I read your blog entry.
    I love the idea of a bliss list. I am going to ponder mine. Thanks for the wonderful post

10. Jennifer Richardson January 28, 2012 at 7:13 pm #

that light is hauntingly beautiful:)
    so much joy and bliss you dear sweet you,
    Jennifer

11. Kristine January 29, 2012 at 9:57 pm #

Those hats look so good on all of you! They totally reflect each of your personalities! Cool, cool, I wish I could have been there with all of you. Also, that pendant light – exquisite is the perfect word for it.